An abnormal result from a mammogram or ultasound can be frightening. At The Breast Center, our team utilizes the latest technology to diagnose the problem and plan each patient's optimal course of care.
Our services include:
- Breast surgeons and certified nurse practitioners perform all breast examinations
- Diagnosis and treatment of all breast diseases
- Immediate interpretation of your mammogram
- Diagnostic breast ultrasounds
- Fine needle aspirations and ultrasound-guided breast biopsies
- Stereotactic-guided breast biopsies
- Placement of devices for Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) for our breast cancer patients
- Excisional biopsies
- Skin sparing and nipple sparing mastectomies
- Hidden scar options
Surgeries are performed at the following facilities:
- Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
- Kennestone Outpatient Surgery Center
- Wellstar Cobb Hospital
- Wellstar Douglas Hospital
- Wellstar Paulding Hospital
- Marietta Surgical Center
Throughout your treatment and follow up care, The Breast Center will serve as a home base for your breast health - bringing together the resources needed to provide follow up and personalized care.
We evaluate your family and personal history, using the NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network) guidelines, to determine if we need to refer you to a genetic counselors. A genetic counselor is a health professional with a degree in medical genetics and counseling. Genetic testing is typically performed using blood or saliva.